Table of Content
- Is Lasik Eye Surgery Suitable For Me?
- How To Prepare Before Lasik Eye Surgery?
- What Are The Recovery Tips Post Lasik?
- What Are Some Common Side Effects Post Lasik?
- When Can I Resume My Work After Lasik?
Lasik eye surgery is a painless and quick way to get freedom from your glasses and contacts. Most patients are satisfied with the amazing results after their Lasik surgery in Delhi from us. They have attained 20/25 or even better results post this laser surgery. However, the results vary from person to person because it depends upon many factors. Age, the thickness of the cornea, size of the pupil, and your eyeglass prescription impacts the result of Lasik. So, if your age is between 21 to 40 years and power is under the correction range of Lasik then you will get amazing results. However, if your power is too high then you will see great results in a few days from the procedure. The exact results which you would attain post the procedure will be specified to you before we proceed with LASIK.
Is Lasik Eye Surgery Suitable For Me?
Lasik eye surgery can treat patients suffering from myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism. But make sure that you have had a stable eyeglass prescription for more than the past 1 year. You can visit an eye expert for your surgery at affordable Lasik surgery costs in India. The doctor will walk you through the whole process and examine your eyes. The doctor will calculate the amount of corneal tissue to be USED beforehand. Lasik surgery takes hardly 25-30 minutes for both eyes and you will get free the same day.
How To Prepare Before Lasik Eye Surgery?
Lasik surgery is nearly painless and a quick way to get clear and stable vision. But you have to take care of your eyes while it is healing after the surgery. After your proper diagnosis, we suggest the following tips to promote a speedy recovery.
- Drink more water before your procedure. Increasing water intake will keep you hydrated and promote your healing process. You can also eliminate the chance of dry eyes by administering artificial tear drops as it will keep your eyes lubricated.
- Prior to Lasik, the eye specialists suggest discontinuing the use of contact lenses for at least 3 days before for soft lenses and one week for the hard lens.
- Do not drive back home by yourself. Because just after the surgery your vision will be blurry so ask someone to be with you.
- On the day of Lasik surgery, do not load on any sort of makeup, lotion, or perfumes.
What Are The Recovery Tips Post Lasik?
The body needs time to recover from any type of surgery. However, you can speed up your recovery by taking care of your eyes. You may get a clear vision within 48 hours or a week but your cornea needs time to heal itself completely.
- No rubbing: Avoid touching or rubbing your eyes after the surgery. Lasik involves removing tissue and creating a flap for correcting the vision. But this causes irritation and itching in the eyes. No matter how itchy it gets, do not rub your eyes for at least the first 7 days post Lasik.
- Protect your eyes: Wear eye shields and protective glasses to avoid direct bright light entering your eyes. Wearing goggles will avoid strain due to bright light and help in fast recovery.
- Plenty of sleep: Sleep is considered the best medicine post the Lasik procedure. It makes the healing process faster.
- Blinking rate: Avoid using too many mobile phones and laptops. You should avoid using any digital devices because the rays from them can harm your eyes. Also, seeing constantly on the screen decreases the blinking rate. This causes strain on the eyes and makes them dry and itchy. If your work involves working on a computer then try to take a break every 20 minutes.
- Use eye drops: Take your medication on time and use the eye drops as prescribed by the doctor. You can fix up the meeting with your doctor for check-ups.
- No swimming or hot baths: Do not go swimming for a month or two after Lasik. The dirty water or surrounding can cause harm to your eyes and delay the healing process.
What Are Some Common Side Effects Post Lasik?
Our patients have achieved 20/25 vision or even better after Lasik eye surgery. There were no complications after their surgery. However, there are some common side effects after this laser surgery. These side effects may be sensational or visual. Because the cornea heals slowly and this is the reason you will not feel the difference in your vision right away.
- Sensitivity towards the light: Most patients develop a little sensitivity towards light after the procedure. It lasts only for a few days. We give cool sunglasses to knock down the sunlight and to make you feel comfortable.
- Mild pain and discomfort: During the procedure, you will not feel any pain but after 30 to 45 minutes your eyes will start to feel uncomfortable. We give you some medicines to comfort your pain. However, mild pain after waking up in the morning may persist for a few days.
- Itchy and scratchy eyes: Another most common side effect are itching and scratchiness in the eyes. It is better to wash your eyes with normal water and protect it from dust.
- Dry eyes: Dryness in the eyes is the most common side effect that is expected in almost every patient. To moisturize your eyes, use prescribed eye drops and increase your blinking rate.
- Glares and halos: No surgery has a magical effect; everything takes time to show the best results. In the initial phase of recovery, you may notice glares and halos around the bright light. So, do not drive at night for a few weeks.
Blurry or hazy vision and difficulty seeing at night are some other side effects that can continue for the first week after the process. But if these problems persist for more than a week then consult your surgeon immediately.
When Can I Resume My Work After Lasik?
Lasik is a painless process and shows quick results. You can resume your daily activities after 48 hours. Although you may feel itchiness, dryness, and mild pain in your eyes. We strongly suggest taking a rest for at least 3 to 4 days before resuming your daily working schedule. The complete healing of the cornea takes at least one month of time. Do not put too much strain on your eyes because it can hinder the healing process.
If your work involves working on a computer then try to take a break every hour. Staring at the screen reduces your blinking rate which causes dry eyes. So, keep a check on your blinking rate and use eye drops to lubricate your eyes. Also, avoid using mobile phones for the first 24 hours. Do not drive back home all by yourself at night. For a few weeks, you may find it difficult to see clearly at night.
You can resume your daily schedule after 4 to 5 days but should take necessary precautions. So, if you are willing to improve your vision and get rid of any visual aids. Then contact us for proper examination and successful surgery from experienced doctors under your budget.